home about archives blogfriends recipes cottage

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Odds And Ends

A few photo's taken around the farm this year and in the cottage

After the rains from the long weekend our temperatures have soared back into the high 90's and the next two days will be 100.
My poor vegetable garden needs weeding badly but between the mosquitoes in the mornings and evenings and the heat the rest of the day I'm finding it hard to get out there other than to water and pick veggies. 



We have enjoyed a good harvest of squash tomatoes cucumbers and now the sweet corn is ready and soon the second planting of green beans will be producing. 

Our strawberry plants (4 varieties) are also starting to produce...it's their first year.
Most are small berries but there are a few good sized ones.
Next year will be better.



I'm linking up with Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday,
I hope you'll hop on over and check out all the wonderful mosaics from Mary and other wonderful Bloggers!

10 comments:

Mary said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful Summer mosaic!Have a nice week, Mary

Traci said...

Love the baby duckling in your mosaic!

A Garden of Threads said...

Veggies have such wonderful colors. Great mosaic. Have a wonderful week.

Pondside said...

What a gorgeous summer mosaic. It's as though it says "This is summer!"

The Bear's Blog said...

Good Morning Miss Maura,

STRAWBERRIES, we'll come over for lunch. Giggle, giggle. Thank you for sharing. Mom says she enjoys your beautiful postings. So do we...& we like the glitter graphics - love those sunflowers.

Hugs,
Prudence & Sissy and of course, Mom. (o:

altar ego said...

Your pictures make me think of a cool breeze (maybe it's those sunflowers dancing above!), so I feel very refreshed by my visit here. Thank you for sharing your lovely world!

Scufty said...

Your mosaics of the vegetables look so wonderful - they just lift your heart! Thanks so much for that...I'll try the other blogs, too, but always want to check out yours first when I get the time. I need to do it on a daily basis to have my "sister hug".

Love you....Scufty

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

You can't beat the country. I so look forward to fresh vegetables from the farm. Your mosiac is very colourful. Wonderful.

Paula said...

Summer at its best with own veggies. Glad I found you via Beatnheart as I am going to move to the USA later on this year and looking for a small cottage to make home and nest.

Midwest to Midlands said...

Lots of nice pictures there, I wish I could get some of that sweet corn your going to have!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...