home about archives blogfriends recipes cottage

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

HOT HOT HOT!

Big old elm tree on the farm

(You can click on the pictures to enlarge them)

It's been HOT here in Kansas...which makes it difficult to get outside and take pictures. Most times I'll just go out and take a bunch of pictures and then create a post from them.

Well  I just can't seem to drag myself outside to do that. If it weren't for feeding critters checking for eggs watering the garden weeding (which I haven't done much of lately) and picking vegetables...I'd stay put inside!

So today I thought I'd share with you some photo's I had taken within the last month.
They're just random shots of this and that...some around the farm and a few in town.

South pasture

More south pasture


Wild Geranium? I don't know what it is but that's what the leaves look like and it grows in the grass in the pasture and around the farm.

Our lilac lane. It's beautiful when the lilacs are blooming.

Old fencing.

Fresh mowed pasture

Mail box with corn field across the road

Hubby came across this behind our chicken coop

A couple of weeks later. We could only see two babies.


I love the wagon!

These photo's are of a house in town that I took a few pictures of around the 4th of July.
It's a BEAUITUFUL old Victorian with LOTS of fancy details that I would love to photograph.
One day I'll knock on their door and ask permission to take pictures for my blog!


See the shingles on the third floor!

A little closer look at the porch and landscaping.

I hope you enjoyed your little tour of the farm and this beautiful home.

Hopefully the weather will cool off enough to get out and get some good pictures for you.

Enjoy your day...stay cool if it's hot where you are
and be safe.

Maura :)

7 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Hello Maura !
What a serene and welcoming place your home is...
Pasture and corn fields and timeless lilac hedgerows, just lovely.
The picture of the old fence made my heart skip a beat, just precious. I think in another life, I was a homesteader of sorts,'old' things just move me to tears almost.
What sweet houses there are in the town, everyone taking the time out to honor the country's independence.
A lovely, lovely post, try and stay cool !
Hugs,
Jo

The Bear's Blog said...

Hello Miss Maura,

Thank you for the beautiful pictures. Our favorite is of the baby birds, so precious. Oh, it's hot here too and very humid. Most afternoons we have a thunderstorm but it really doesn't cool things off much, certainly not like where Mom & Dad are from.

We wish you an afternoon filled with pretty things and smiles.

Hugs,
Prudence & Sissy
(yes, Mom too, of course)

hilary@oldhousetruelove said...

Hi Maura! What beautiful pictures, I truly enjoyed them. Thanks for sharing! :)

Pondside said...

We're watching a nest here too - no idea of how many hatchlings we'll find.
You describe the heat at your place very well - I hope you have AC!

Julie said...

Boy it seems like we go from to much snow then to much rain and now we are all melting from the heat! I just keep thinking that the heat is better than the snow!

Love, love all the pictures!

Catherine said...

hello Maura! i'm back for a few days and go again on Sunday, so i i pop over to have alook at your blog! i love the pantry and kitchens A LOT! nice mosaic of the farm, lovely birds and nice plate that your sister gave you , i like all the things you have in your secretary.I am going birdwatching in the north of France ,by the sea! it was very, very hot here too! see you later, big hugfrom me!

Caroline said...

My MIL inherited a house in Whiting KS and she said it was like 110 degrees on the thermometer a few days ago. We visited there the beginning of July and it was so peaceful. I wish I could have picked up the house she inherited and brought it back to Canada with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...