home about archives blogfriends recipes cottage

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Garden Memories


I'm looking forward to having a cottage garden again one day.
These are photo's of the garden my Hubby and I  
made when we lived in the city.
This was by far the ugliest house on the block when my husband bought it in 1999. Nearly 4 years later we built on the covered porch, put up the picket fence and arbor and started planting the gardens. Five years later we moved.
Now we live in a little Farm Cottage with no cottage garden.
Yet.


This was a wonderful place to sit and enjoy the garden and the fragrance from the roses. Most were from David Austin and if you are lucky enough to have some of his roses you know what I'm talking about.
These pictures were taken a couple of years before the roses had covered the trellis at the end of the porch.



David Austin roses in the garden were
1) Abraham Darby
2) Sombreuil
3) Zepherine Drouhin
4) Mme Isaac Pereire
5) Anne Boleyn



I am joining Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday.
I hope you will stop over to Mary's and see all the other wonderful Mosaics she has to show you. 

Enjoy your gardens if you have one and if not...I hope you have one in your future.

Have a wonderful week!

Maura :) 

15 comments:

Pondside said...

I have one David Austen rose and intend to collect a few more - they are beautiful!
Your cottage garden was lovely, and I'm sure the new one you'll soon create will be every bit as pretty.

My Dream Canvas said...

How pretty, lovely mosaic. I am hosting a CSN Giveaway and would love for you to stop by.

The Bear's Blog said...

Dear Miss Maura,

Happy Monday. Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful pictures. Your new garden will be beautiful - and sometimes the fun is in the planning and then watching your dream come to life. Then sitting back and just enjoying...

Hugs & New Plans
Prudence & Sissy

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Just gorgeous!!!! Really! Breathtaking pictures! Thank you! Cathy

Catherine said...

Hello Maura! i love tyour front porch, i hope you'll have a new one soon.I wish i had one here! love David Austins's roses ,the one i have are from his collection. I'm here for a little time, Romain is coming home on Sunday(already 5 weeks!) and then i'm going away .(i'll send a mail today, but now youare still sleeping!!!)see you later catherine

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

All the photos are wonderful! Love the fence.

Theresa Plas said...

Great inspiration for your new garden! Love the roses!

Beatnheart said...

Really beautiful Maura...You’ll get there again and this time even better
than the time before. Enjoying your summer?? Hope its not too hot or too rainy ..caw

Melissa Price said...

Gorgeous garden, Maura. I know how you feel... we've been working on EVERYTHING ELSE around here and have yet to work on flowers around the house. I planted a few in the spring and have a few containers, but I, too, dream of having a cottage garden one day. For now, I'm focusing on the edible garden. : ) Melissa

John Going Gently said...

I would KILL for that porch! absolutely lovely!!!!!

Julie said...

I love the porch and the white fence!

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

It was a beautiful garden. I hope the new owners appreciated it. Your new garden in your new home will be different but a reflection of its owner. I'm sure it will be great.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

You created a beautiful cottage garden at your old house and I'm sure will do the same where you are now.
I have no David Austen's but am familiar with their beauty and scent.

Finding Pam said...

Nothing is more soothing than a beautiful front porch and the smell of roses. Your porch and garden will rebloom in your new home.

hilary@oldhousetruelove said...

What a great chair! Pretty porch Maura! Congrats on the welcome wagon feature! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...