home about archives blogfriends recipes cottage

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Pasta Primavera With Italian Turkey Sausage


This is a recipe that I took with me up to British Columbia this summer when we visited my family.
We had had a wonderful day of tubing down the river and swimming and sitting on the beach.

When we got home we got busy and made this recipe for the gang. Everyone loved it. So I thought I'd share it with you.

Pasta Primavera With Italian Turkey Sausage

2 cups uncooked pasta
1 LB Italian Turkey Sausage
4 cloves garlic
1/2 onion chopped
2 small zucchini chopped
2 small yellow squash chopped
6 Roma tomatoes chopped
20 fresh basil leaves
2 tsp chicken boullion or 2 chicken broth cubes
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 Cup grated parmesan cheese

1) Bring lg pot of water to boil. Cook pasta El Dente. Drain.

2) Cook onions and galic in small amount of olive oil. Add sausage and cook till done. Drain (I just start cooking the meat and then throw the onions and garlic in)

3) Add squash, tomatoes, basil, pepper, boullion or cubes. Stir well 

Cook covered for about 15 minutes then remove lid. Cook uncovered until squash is tender but not over-cooked. (about 15 min. more)
Remove from heat and add parmesan cheese.
Stir.
Enjoy!

Use your own judgment on when your squash is done as it may take more or less time. We added more squash to this recipe and we doubled it for our crowd. It's an easy one to play with and add things to and it's really good warmed up the next day. If there's any leftovers that is!

It's a great way to use up your squash and tomatoes and basil if you have a garden!


Me steaming up my daughters kitchen


Beach hair day...don't look too close as we just got back from the beach!

Youngest daughter Caity helping.

Lots of laughs

Nearly ready for the cheese


Caity's adding the cheese

Smells SO good


CHEERS!

This is Growers Apple Cider and I can only get it when we go up to BC.
It's SO GOOD!

I hope you enjoy this recipe. It's SO easy and fast and certainly helps you keep up with your garden veggies.

Have a wonderful day!

Maura :)





16 comments:

Jeanette said...

That looks so good it's making me hungry! I may try this this weekend. Thanks!

The Bear's Blog said...

Dear Maura,

The recipe sounds wonderful. The pictures - PRICELESS. Mom & daughter - beautiful.

Hugs,
Joyce

Pondside said...

Your smiles say it all! This looks very yummy - and we all love turkey sausage!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Maura! This really looks delicious and I think is my kind of "comfort food!" THANKS for sharing and while I don't think I'll have as much making it as you did, I think I'll try this weekend!! THANKS!!

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Yum! It looks wonderful, Maura.
I guess maybe I should learn how to cook..
Thinking of you.♥

Finding Pam said...

I agree that it looks so tasty. You and Caity look like you are having so much fun. Beautiful mother and daughter. Great flowers!

Deb said...

Love thw comfort food and the pictures of you cooking are great.I love kitchen photos. Lovely kitchen by the way.I'm not a fan of meat and I'm wondering if it would be good without it. I think it might be so I'll try it. Thanks for the recipe. Deb =^..^=z5

Verde Farm said...

Can't wait to try this. I am shooting for Saturday and will let you know how I do. I am not a great cook but trying. Great pics of you and your daughter.
Amy at Verde Farm

Celestial Charms said...

Hi Maura,
This looks like a great recipe, and I'm definitely going to give it a try. Have a wonderful weekend.
Maureen

Anonymous said...

ciao la tua ricetta mi ispira proprio.In Italia non esiste questo tipo di abbinamento ma sembra molto invitante.Proverò a farla.Sicuramente sarà buonissima! Baci, Kiki

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicios. And what wonderful pictures. Reminds me of the great times my mom and I spend together in the kitchen.
Thanks for sharing.

John Going Gently said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Going Gently said...

thank u x

hilary@oldhousetruelove said...

you two are cute! and... YUM...!!!

Kath said...

What lovely ladies you are. You would love Somerset here in England, 100's of different ciders :D

Catherine said...

This looks good and i think you had fun!i like cider too! Hugs Catherine

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...