home about archives blogfriends recipes cottage

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just 'Thinkin' About Laundry

Neat Sign





I've always wanted a laundry room on the main floor. When we lived in the Victorian we were very lucky to have a beautiful laundry/powder room on the main floor and I LOVED it. It was blue and white with a big window and an old fashioned style pedestal sink...the kind of room you don't mind working in. It was a little small but it was bright and pretty. Here at the farm I'm lucky to have the laundry room right off the kitchen...but it's in the old rickety porch/back entry that needs to be gutted one day in the future. It's not a bad sized room and it's bright and it serves the purpose but that's all that's good about it. SO...I'm just 'thinkin' and planning for the future. As all us girls know...you have to plan these things out...right? You have to have an idea of what you want before the men take over and start fixing and then creating. We have to have a plan...think things through. We need to see it decorated in our heads before a board is torn up....right? Well I've been getting some ideas about what I want in my little old laundry room...there's not much room to spare but by looking at pictures and seeing what other's have done I have a pretty good idea of what we could do to make it practical...but PRETTY. So...here are a few photo's that I've been looking at. I hope you enjoy them...and maybe you'll get an idea or two for your own laundry room! 


Love the sink and 'skirt and such a nice bright room!


I like the lace curtains and vintage feel of this room


Oh how I wish we had that much room for shelves!


Cute curtain


Nice counter space


I like the idea of hiding the appliances...hmmm


I WISH!

Yes I'm looking forward to seeing what we come up with for our laundry room.
In the meantime....I'll have fun planning.

Best wishes for a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Deb said...

That's on my list of things when we build. It has to have a really cute space for a laundry-room. I have been dealing with a washer and dryer off our old kitchen in a 120 year old home for too long. Have fun getting that laundry room just right. Deb

bj said...

O, I would take any one of these beauties.
Love these!!
Thanks for stopping over..come back soon.
xo bj

Millie said...

I just love the pictures! I must admit it gets old having to carry laundry from the upstairs to the basement. A wonderful first floor laundry room would be wonderful.

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Hello Deb, Nice to see you again! Are you going to build a new home on the property or fix up the old home? That certainly is an old house but I bet it has character...maybe now quite the character you want? Good luck with your future build!

BJ Thanks for stopping by! Yes I would take any of those laundry rooms too...but at least my laundry room isn't down the tiny spidery basement here...for that I am VERY grateful!

Millie I agree...going up and down the stairs to do laundry isn't fun at all. We did that when we lived in the city and I'm so glad I don't have to do it any more!

I hope you ladies have a wonderful Thursday...MauraXX

Pondside said...

My laundry room is pretty utilitarian - all the necessary things are there, it's a bit decorated, but it's nothing special - not like those wonderful spaces. Have fun planning yours!

Beatnheart said...

Oh Yes Maura, the last one please!!! just nice clean... cat on my lap gotta go...........

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...