Well we finally did it...we're done!
It's been a long 4 weeks renovating
the bathroom but it was well worth it.
We did it all ourselves
plumbing and wiring
putting in bead board
and crown molding
building a cupboard
caulking and painting
and putting in new flooring.
So...here are some before and after pictures.
The before pictures really don't
show you how bad the room was.
One of the biggest changes was
putting the bead board on the ceiling.
When we moved in we replaced
the old sink and vanity with one
from Craigslist. It was used
and cheap but it was WAY
better than the old one but when we
got this one home...the sink had cracked
near the top edge. We put up with it
for nearly 2 years.
Rather than put in a vanity and sink
I decided that I wanted a vintage sink.
We made up for the loss of under sink
space by building in a new cupboard.
The old door-less cupboard above
the toilet held a LOT of
things but we decided that
open shelving would be just fine
to keep the space more open.
I like the open shelves.
Now I need a few new towels!
I hated this wall between the shower
and the door...it was so ugly.
Hubby cut a door into that wall so he
could get to the plumbing and then
put on some nice trim and beveled
the edges. I replaced the shower
curtain with one I had bought while
living in our old Victorian home.
It's by Shabby Chic
and I got it cheap
on Ebay ;)
A new coat of paint around the window
trim made them look like new windows.
I bought the cast iron brackets on Ebay
and picked them up about 25 miles away.
I sprayed them creamy white and then glazed them.
I love that bead board.
Hubby made the cupboard
mostly from wood we already had.
I bought more wicker baskets after these
pictures were taken. I've been thinking
of spraying then cream then antiquing them
What do you think?
The walls and ceiling are
It's a very soft white with
a yellow tint.
We still have to decide
what we're going to do for
the face cloth and hand towel.
Rather than buy a towel bar I just
got hubby to use a piece of molding.
He cut spots for each towel hook and
I painted and glazed it.
This old pail was found in the old
building we dismantled.
Someone really liked this pail
as there was a hole in the bottom
edge that they filled with a nut and bolt.
I should have taken a picture of it.
For now it works perfectly for holding
extra toilet paper and of course magazines
This old milk pail was found in the barn
before it burned down.
Now I need to fill these baskets
and buy a few more and get
the rest of the house back
So...there you have it.
I hope you enjoyed seeing
what we've been up to.
It was a lot of work...but fun.
And I'm so glad it's finished!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend.