home about archives blogfriends recipes cottage

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

May Around The Farm


May...such a beautiful month.

I hope you all had a WONDERFUL Memorial Weekend!

It's been a busy month for us with lots of land clearing and landscaping.
Well...more land clearning than anything but I did get stones in place for the edging 
in the front of the house and the vegetable garden is pretty much all planted other
than filling in what didn't germinate earlier. 

This past weekend was spent tearing out some of the lilacs that had grown
in the way of our view of the pasture. We still have two
long groves so won't really miss them.
We put in another rock border for edging and I swear my arms are longer than when
we started! We plan to plant a Autumn Blaze Maple soon
and some periwinkle in that space.

Slowly but surely the old farm is becoming what we had imagined
but we still have LOTS of work to do.
It is truly a labor of love.

What did you do this Memorial Day?

5 comments:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

May was a beautiful month around the farm! I'm looking forward to seeing what June brings you. My veggies are all planted - whew! Just need to fill in the lettuce as we harvest it. The only time I want to eat lettuce is in the summer but it's really hard to keep going once it get's hot here!

An Autumn Blaze is going to be just stunning to look at in the fall! We have Silver Maples which I don't care for. I had one chopped down last month and another I'll do in the fall. I'm already planning what to plant in the fall!

Memoria Day was restful. We barbecued and just hung out. I gained 4 pounds over the long weekend which sort of tells you what I did LOL!

Manuela

Catherine said...

nice mosaic Maura!i love marple trees. well our memorial day is on the 6th. I can't do anything because it's raining, but i have done some crocheting! hugs catherine, see you soon .

Beatnheart said...

Hi Girl! nice photo montage...Great minds think alike ie. our daddy’s pictures...My father did not die in the war which I guess its what memorial day is all about but he sure as heck was over there so he deserves every honor I can lay on him...I didn’t scan the photo, I don’t know how to do that yet..maybe that’s why it is out of focus...Your blog just get prettier everyday...as is your beautiful farm...cynthia
s

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

I love wandering around your farm, Maura, via all your lovely pics.
We're still stuck in the rainy season, but soon, maybe, we'll get to see the sun...
Have a great week!

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

We went to the Cherokee national Forest! Which is in our backyard :) (KINDA!)

I almost have a post ready on it. I am just feeling really lazy......it's the darn heat!
xo, misha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...